Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm Addicted

I broke the rules yesterday. My vet told me to wait until Austin was a year old before taking him out on a run (or maybe it was before I actually started running with him on a regular basis).  Either way, I went against all conventional wisdom and took him out on a short run yesterday.

And let me tell you...it was amazing! He loved it! How, you ask, can I tell if my dog is having a good time? His tongue was hanging out, he was grinning and his eyes were bright.  And we were having so much fun together.  It was really cool to look over at him (my little running buddy) and see him trotting along with me.  It was a perfect picture opportunity and of course, I didn't have my phone on me (do people take photos with regular cameras anymore?). So, it's safe to say that I may be addicted to running with my dog.

No, I won't be taking him out every morning that I go.  But I think it's good for him to start seeing what pace I'm at and how to run on the leash without pulling my arm out of the socket (Austin, leave it!).

Here's a parting shot. It's hard not to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment