Monday, November 21, 2011

Big Confidence Boost

Source


Things have been a little crazy lately...spending time with the boy...visiting friends...dog sitting (walking three dogs at a time can be complicated)...staying out of the rain...learning...getting ready for Thanksgiving...Christmas-gift shopping...

But you know what happened on Sunday?  I went for an 8 mile run and I felt A-to-the-MAZING!  That was the longest run I've done in a really, really long time.  I got caught in a short downpour that made things interesting, but overall, my body was diggin' the run and working smoothly.  My overall time was good and I can't wait to hook my Garmin watch up to the computer to see my splits.

This was a huge confidence boost for me in my hopes to do a half marathon in mid-January.  I think in the next few days I am going to put together a more concrete training schedule so I make sure to build up to 10, 11 or even 12 miles before the race. 

Knowing that all of the major holidays are in between now and the half-marathon is a little daunting.  But when I worry or am unsure, I am going to think back to Sunday's run.  Because there's almost nothing better than knowing you knocked out 8 miles (and felt strong doing it) before most people had their first cup of coffee!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Yay for a confidence boosting run. I am with you I have a half in Feb and I keep thinking of all of the runs I'll have to do during to holidays. It is going to be awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out the blog, Robbie-Lynn! This is going to be my first half, so any suggestions or tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete