Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NaNoWriMo

It officially starts tonight at midnight - National Novel Writing Month. I've signed up to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. Fiction is not really my forte and although I have a glimmer of a concept of the novel's storyline, I have no idea how I am going to flesh it out for that many words.

To get to 50k words in 30 days, I have to write about 1,600 words every night (I'll most likely write at night during the week and tackle the weekends however they may come). I've never had to do a sustained, daily writing project like this. I am a bit nervous that I'm going to have writer's block or not have enough to sustain the novel til the very end.

But I think having a set goal, with a place to log my words in at the end of each night, will be a motivating factor. It's now or never, right?

I'm letting you all know this as my blog postings will probably be sporadic, if not non-existent, during the month of November. I really want to focus my energy and attention to this book (crazy).

So here goes nothin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment