Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Conquered

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." 

       --Liane Cordes


I'm still riding the high from running my first half marathon on Sunday I'm really still processing it in facts.

1:34.48.

30th overall, 12th female out of more than 10,000.

First in my age group.

But this picture seems to sum everything up.


This is me and my sister after the race. Yes, we look considerably more tired here than in the pre-race shots. But more important than all of the numbers and times is the fact that I got to share this moment with my sister. This was both of our first half marathons. This is my sister who decided back in middle school that she wasn't a "runner." But she set her mind to this race and trained for it and ran it! She conquered it.

The human body is amazing, but the will to reach our own potential is even more awe-inspiring. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment