Thursday, December 8, 2011

H2O

I am pretty good at staying hydrated.  As evidenced by about ten water bottles in my house, I am not afraid to guzzle or chug or gulp down the good stuff.

But with the half marathon around the corner, I want to do my best to drink as much water as I can during the day to fight off the random headaches and sleepy feelings one gets when not drinking enough.  Especially on the mornings I run,  I get distracted by tea and coffee at work when I should be drinking water.

My friend had sent me this spiffy water bottle for my birthday a few months ago. When I first saw it, I was skeptical.  Wouldn't you be?  It looks funny.


This is the Hydracoach bottle.  It has a timer in the bottle and also tracks how much water you drink in any given time.  When this photo was taken, I had swallowed 60 oz. of water in almost 7 hours.  Initially, I thought to myself, "Why do I need a bottle to tell me how much I'm drinking? As long as I continue to fill a bottle up, I should be good."  But like I said before, with the big race coming up, I wanted to actually make myself drink water.

And what better way to do that then with a bottle that is staring back at you...counting up the seconds...almost warning you that you're not drinking enough.  It shows your average oz./hour consumption and I hate to see it start dropping...gotta keep the numbers up!

I'm going to try to use this water bottle exclusively for the next month to really stay on top of being hydrated.  Hopefully I become motivated by actually seeing my daily water consumption.

P.S. More bathroom trips are in my future.


1 comment: