Monday, December 5, 2011

To You, I Ask




Questions that I ask in preparation for the half marathon:

1. What am I going to wear?

2. What am I going to eat before the race?

3. What am I going to eat the week before the race?

4. At what mileage should I peak?

5.  How long does my longest long run before the race need to be?

6. Is it going to hurt?

7. Ok, duh, it's going to hurt, but will I be able to push through?

8. Am I crazy?

9. I'm crazy.  I'm crazy.  Can I get out of this somehow?

10. Calm down.  There's no question here, just some deep breathing.

11. Are my feet going to be able to handle 13.1 miles?

12. Do I need to start working out my arms more to handle the pumping of that distance?

13. Can I sleep the whole Saturday before the race?

14. Can I sleep the whole week after the race?

15.  Can I sleep right now?

16. Do I need to watch what I eat during the holidays in preparation for the race?

17. Does that mean I can't have Christmas cookies?

18. What about egg nog?  It's healthy, right?

19. What's the weather going to be like?

20. What am I going to wear (part two)?

21. What if it rains?

22. How much is this race going to rock? 


1 comment: