Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Inch Like a Caterpillar

Progress isn't about making big leaps and bounds every day. It is about moving forward, pushing the big stone one little bit closer to your goal. I'm learning this really quickly now that I'm coming back from this soul-sucking rough injury.

Here are some boulders I'm inching forward in my life:

1. Running. I will get there.

2. Learning Spanish. The Rosetta Stone software is hopefully on its way to my mailbox.

3. Eating better dinners. I'm looking for easy, healthy recipes now and I want to cook something new at least once a week. Send suggestions my way.

4. Training Austin more. I have attached a treat dispenser to his leash, so we can work on "leave it" while walking by unruly dogs.

5. Stretching. Now that I have a set of official stretches that are visibly changing my body, I am putting in the time (about an hour every night) because I know it is going to get me closer to running (see: number 1).

6. Being more understandable. I would love to spend as much time with the boyfriend as possible, but sometimes, it's just not possible to do it all.

7. Praying in a more meaningful way. I'm guilty of throwing up the occasional 'Our Father' when I need help. But I've tried to become more cognizant of what I'm praying about and listening to what God says back.

What progress are you making in your life?

1 comment:

  1. Your goals sound awesome!
    -Good luck with the Spanish. Languages suck
    -try making my fav bean and corn dish
    1 can black beans, 1/2 can corn, heat in a saucepan with appx 1 tbs olive oil and 2 tsps balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper to your liking
    -Do you mean be more understanding?
    -I've heard that one should try creating a "to-do" list before praying that way you remember to address everything and your mind is freed up to have a more meaningful prayer session.

    ReplyDelete