Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome, December

Wow, it's been two months since I've last posted. I'm trying to wrack my brain to see what might have happened in those 60 days that would be interesting to put down in a blog post...let's just go with a nice little list this time.

1. It's been chilly here in Redondo Beach for the last week.

Good things:

  • Snuggling deep into my down comforter
  • It finally feels like the holiday season
  • There's just something about digging out the warm running clothes that makes me happy. I heart my knit cap and pink running jacket.
  • Seeing my breath when I go out reminds me of home
Bad things:
  • It is SO hard to get out of bed in the morning
  • Because I don't get out of bed, I feel guilty for not running
  • I hate feeling guilty
2. Because I felt guilty yesterday for not getting up in the morning to run before work (see above), I ran on the treadmill at the office gym during lunch. I've done this before, but for some reason, this time was different. I was in my Vibrams, but my toes still felt like they were getting "burned." They were warm to the touch and were a little buffed up afterward. Not sure what that's about, but figure I should probably lay off the treadmill for a bit (maybe it will make me get up the morning. Maybe.).


3. To my excitement, I have found that my feet can sustain running two days in a row. Before, I was hesitant to run back-to-back because after each run, my feet were pretty tender and I didn't want to cause any damage. But after a few weeks of running two days in a row, I think that my body has adapted. I feel really good about this - I'd imagine it is how babies feel when they realize they can toddle all the way from one set of arms to the other. Just like those kiddos, my body is getting stronger.

4. I'm not usually one for New Year's resolutions (it is about that time of season, right?) but I am going to make it a point in 2011 to train for and race 10k's. I've haven't done a real training regimen since running cross country in high school, but I am going to be dedicated next year to doing track workouts, going out on long Saturday runs, even fartleks if I have to. I'll try to do a post with more details about my resolutions as January gets closer.

Well, for now, I think that's all I've got. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment