Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Momma said there'd be days like this...

I know it's gonna be a rough one when, as I lay in bed (even before getting up), my feet ache. It's a dull pain that makes me not want to put any pressure on my feet - it makes it oh-so-hard to get out of bed. But of course I get up, lace up the running shoes and hit the pavement. And I should have known better. The calves start to feel tight, the shins feel pressure and it's downhill from there.

Days like these make me wonder if my body will be able to handle barefoot running. How can it when I can't even wake up without pain?

But momma also said there'd be days like this...when on my run, the low fog hung over Palos Verdes and the waves had a little pep in their step as they crashed on the sand. The air tasted like salt and the smelled of fresh grass. Days like these make me want to run and run and run. Days like these give me hope that anything is possible and that maybe, just maybe, this barefoot stuff will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment