Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Every Girl Wants Some

Being a runner brings a lot of perks. You get to eat whatever you want. You get to climb the stairs without huffing and puffing like your office mates.  There's really nothing sexier than a razor-back tan line.  You usually have a rockin' hot bod.

I consider my legs my best features.  I inherited my dad's thighs and I'm not afraid to say that it's a little creepy how similar they look. But nonetheless, they serve their purpose and get me through those awesomely fantastic hill repeats. And now, since I've become a barefoot runner, my calves have become nice and defined. They look like those attached to women who have worn heels all of their lives -- fortunately for me, I don't have the pain that they do.

But everyone wants the grass that's on the other side of the fence.  So, here's what I'm envious of...





No, I don't want to have Michelle Obama's fabulous fashion sense or Sarah Jessica Parker's super-cute do or Kelly Ripa's gorgeous smile.

I want their arms.

Yup, I said it. Mock me all you want. But I'm envious of their extremely toned and svelte arms.

I've always had twig arms.  Arms that could easily be snapped if twisted or turned the wrong way.  Please no one get any ideas now.

I am going to a big convention/party/black-tie dinner at the end of May, so my goal is to work on my arms as much as possible to see if I can hold a candle to Michelle.  I wanna look good in that strappy dress, dang it!

I was once watching "Live with Regis & Kelly" and Kelly swore on her life that she got those arms by doing this one exercise (ok, and having a personal trainer and countless hours to workout doesn't harm anything either).  She said to take a can of soup and while standing, "write" out the alphabet in the air with the can of soup.  So, you'd hold out your arms and make the motions to create each letter.  I've started to do that with 5 lb. dumbells and let me tell you...it's a burner.  Every muscle in your arms are being worked and by W, you hate that the alphabet has 26 letters.

Anyways, here's to women who have arms that I want. Hopefully with a good two months of work, I'll be able to be proud of my biceps and not feel like they've been drawn onto my body by a five-year-old in art class. They should take a page from my leg book....now those are beauts.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you can do it! The Roman alphabet has 23 letters, but I don't see you as the cheating type!

    ReplyDelete