Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Instant Metamorphosis

Sometimes, all you need is 2 inches to make you feel completely different.  A cute outfit will also work wonders.

That's what happened yesterday.  Normally, I'm a slacks-and-flats kind of working gal.  But for some reason, I had this urge to bust out a pair of cute heels and a trendy top with black skinny jeans.


I felt powerful.

I felt beautiful.

I felt sexy.

I felt taller.

I felt desirable.

I felt like I could conquer the world.

And seriously, this was all because of the heels.  Maybe it's because we have been programmed to think that strong women can run around all day in 3-inch Manolo Blahnik's.  If they can suffer in uncomfortable heels at an uncomfortable angle for an uncomfortably long time, they must be able to do anything.

While I am in the camp of strong women being able to be strong women in whatever clothes they want (my preference is a gray t-shirt and jeans), there is really something magical about heels.  Ok, maybe it's just my experience with heels, as I don't wear them that often and when I do, there's a reason for me to be in them (see: wedding, fancy schmancy dinner or dancing).

Yes, I run in minimalist shoes.  Yes, I don't mind getting sweaty.  And of course, I'd rather read a good book late into the night than go out to a club.  But, I'm still a girl and I still love to dress up and feel like a million bucks.

And who couldn't feel like that with these beauts on.  The lacing up to the bow is the best part - I can't get enough of it.


It's safe to say that I won't be wearing heels every day to work...that's insane.  I run around too much and I really don't want to do irreversible damage to my body by being in heels all the time.  But every now and again, when that inkling comes along, you'll be certain to find me clip-clipping through the lobby...making the noise of a powerful woman in a rockin' pair of heels.

"Shoes are the quickest way for women to achieve instant metamorphosis" - Manolo Blahnik

1 comment:

  1. keep those shoes forever! if they make you feel that good every once in awhile, they have to have a permanent place in your closet!

    ReplyDelete