Monday, October 17, 2011

Where's My Touchscreen?

I held off for as long as I could.

But with a new year coming up and resolutions already churning in my brain, I decided that I couldn't be without it any longer.

Long story short, I bought an iPad.  And today, during my lunch break, I'm going to play with it and get used to it.  So, blogging goes on the back-burner today so I can figure out my new toy. :)

But, I will leave you with this little gem.  How crazy is it that my children, whenever I decide to have them, will probably only know newspapers as pieces of history and will expect everything to have a touchscreen?  Is this good for society?  Will they be outside-the-box thinkers or will they be easily-distracted and disconnected from the world around them? 

As a word girl who literally smelled the old books she got for her birthday over the weekend, I'm saddened that this little girl is disappointed in the magazine.




2 comments:

  1. it will be sad to say goodbye to freshly printed books. but think of how many trees we will save by going electronic! (trying to shove in a silver lining!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it awesome? do you love it? is it everything you've ever dreamed of?

    ReplyDelete