Thursday, August 11, 2011

Get It On!

It never failed.  On a daily basis, Abby Farson Pratt's face showed up on my newsfeed.  Every day, like clockwork, she posted a link to a new blog post on her blog, Little Stories.

I thank Abby for those daily posts.  Not because I read every single one (or even one every week).  But more so because I saw someone who was blogging regularly and realized that I could probably do the same.

You see, I want to be like Abby.  I want to have a consistently-updated blog that people find intriguing and want to read.  This blog started out strong but as of late, has been sorely neglected.  I fell into the trap of thinking that each post needed to be about running (because it started as a running blog, of course). But writing only about running pigeonholes me.  And no one likes to be put into a corner.
Small aside: why would your nickname ever be Baby? As a term of endearment, sure. But other than that...

Getting back on track here...the name of the blog is A Barefoot Journey.  Sure, I'll write about running when I get the urge.  That is, after all, a huge passion of mine.  But I'm also going to be writing about my journey through life (cliche, I know).  But there is so much out there to be explored and questioned and written about; how could I ever leave it by the wayside?

So, armed with a trusted buddy and some jump-starting inspiration, I'm ready to begin. Let's get it on!




No comments:

Post a Comment